Monday 1 August 2011

Bean bags



French beans in bags, about 5.5Kg of them! This years glut and I'm going to have to start giving them away as we have another 2Kg in the fridge already.




Not to be left out the squash and courgettes are still highly productive, about a dozen of each every week and there are now five cobnut squash but they will be ready a bit later.




The first of my sunflowers is in bloom, it's only about five feet tall a tiddler compared to some on other plots.




I also got to pick my first four tomatoes, there are plenty of green ones which i hope ripen soon in this warm weather.



Look who I found when cutting the grass! A common frog I believe, I don't know where it came from but as long as it eats the slugs I don't mind. It had very pretty speckled markings. He was only about 5cm long.




I also picked a couple of beetroot, one red as you'd expect but the other was white. At first I thought it might be a stray turnip but it definitely was a beetroot. Paul thought perhaps an albino one? Was it a rare specimen? Too late we ate it. I've also picked a lot of nasturtium flowers, they're very peppery but nice in salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment