Sunday 7 August 2011

Sunflowers



Both sunflowers are now in bloom, they look very pretty with the nasturtiums growing around the base of them.




The hot damp weather has given me a load more tomatoes to harvest and of course even more french beans. I weighed them when I got home and yet again over 5.5kg! I can't give them away fast enough.




I have about five or six cobnut squash growing, not sure how long to wait before I pick them? I also dug up the rest of my early potatoes, I'd guess about 20kg of spuds. There were also as I thought a few desiree plants mixed in, the pink potatoes are much bigger so probably 5kg of them from three plants.




The cabbage and broccoli are growing under netting to protect them from the birds. So although there are a lot of weeds around them the cabbages are doing well and beginning to ball up.




Here's a view of the broccoli from above, the plants are a lovely colour with minty green leaves and light purple stalks. I've never grown sprouting broccoli before so I've no idea how long it takes before they sprout, the plants look healthy and are about 45cm tall I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment