Sunday 15 May 2011

Pottering about



First I picked some rhubarb, smallish sticks but enough to make a crumble. Then I put up the second pea net, much easier than the first one since I had a better idea of how to do it. The second peas aren't nearly so big yet but the first ones are tangling their way into the net already.




I planted up the basil seeds in pots, probably ten seeds to a pot for now. Watered them and put them in the greenhouse, let's hope lots of fresh basil is on the way.




I earthed up the main crop potatoes, been meaning to do this for a while. They always look a bit messy, especially as the plants were quit big but by next week end I'm sure they'll have sorted themselves out.




Here are the earlies that I earthed a couple of weeks back, they're looking pretty healthy now. The courgettes and squash that I planted out are looking much happier today, it seems it was the same last year that the immediate planting out makes them wilt but they soon bounce back.




A view across the plot, everything looking alright for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment