Sunday 22 May 2011

First pickings



Lots of lovely ripe strawberries ready to pick. I got about a half an ice cream tub full and a few raspberries as well. The raspberries aren't covered so I think the birds are picking them off as they turn red, I'll have to do something about that.




The first flowers are appearing on the peas, they're beginning to get a good hold of the net I put up as well.




I had a big plant out of things from the greenhouse for before we go away. Tomatoes, cabbage and broccoli are all in the ground. I running out of space to put things now but there isn't that much more I need to plant this year. The only empty spot is where I put the dwarf beans directly into the ground, they don't seem to have germinated yet.




Some of the broad beans are ready, I love them when they're young, green and tender. Paul prefers them when they get a bit bigger.




I picked enough for one meal but there will be plenty more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment