Monday 30 May 2011

Bean picking




Lots of lovely ripe broad beans to pick, both the autumn ones and the ones planted this year. I picked two tubs full that's over a 1kg, some will go into the freezer.  I'm away for two weeks from next saturday so I wanted to pick as many as I could but there are still a lot more coming.




Also picked a tub full of strawberries and a few raspberries. They smell so good as you pick them, they've done really well this year.




These pretty flowers are on the potatoes, both the earlies and the main crop are in bloom already. The earlies will be ready to pick when I'm back from Greece.




The double row of early spuds looks really good now, I hope I have a bigger crop than last year.




The pea flowers are really nice but I noticed that some naughty birds have been pecking away at the foliage.




I noticed a single pea pod had already formed, but I'm sure there are many others on the way.




The artichokes are very ornamental but I did have to spray some of them for black fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment