Saturday 27 March 2010

Something has grown!

Remember those beans I planted? they've started to sprout! There was no evidence of them at all last week so I was surprised to see an almost full double row of little broad bean sprouts when I got to the plot today. I'm very happy as they were the first thing I've planted and they've started to grow. Also it seems the weeds are starting to grow, so I had to pull a few out already, it never looks like there are that many until you start pulling them up and you see more and more.
The weather wasn't so good today, I could hear the Head of the River race going on while I dug out a couple of the paths I had left between beds - I've decided I don't need them and the grass on them will just spread if I leave them.
As I was digging I had a visitor, a young asian guy who apparently used to garden the plot before me, he said he was very impressed with how much work I'd done. I quizzed him on the geometry of the plot when I first got it, it seems he was helping someone else who leased the plot and when they moved away he continued with their ground plan and that's why there were so many small beds and flowers, I also found out that he took the rhubarb. Then it started to rain so I called it a day.
My daffodil border is in full bloom now.

1 comment:

  1. Will you be entering any shows? You could be 'best newcomer' or something? Love reading what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete