Saturday 20 March 2010

I Wandered Lonely as a Daffodil...

As you can see spring has not quite sprung at FPMAA, I think there's just one daffodil that you could say is open but the others won't be far behind. Having moved all these daffs from the middle of the plot I think they're doing rather well and make a good boundary to the top of my site.
The big news of the day is that I have the necessary written approval to get a shed! The north corner is the text book place for a shed and most people have them here, I want to put my shed in the the east corner, this is because it's also shaded by the tall hedge and next to the main path, also my rhubarb is very happy in the north corner and I don't want to upset it.
Today I planted out my onion sets, three rows that consist of shallots and both red and normal onions. Then I dug out the pathway I had left between bed two and three as it was a bit of a waste of space, it was mostly grassed over because it was the remains of a path made by the previous plot holder and I didn't really want the grass to spread, speaking of which my neighbour pointed out that my plot is well within it's boundaries and I'm perhaps missing as much as 60cm width, this will have to be addressed next year now as I don't really need the extra room at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment