Friday 2 April 2010

A little sun ...



Dark clouds threatening but I stayed dry for my visit to the plot this afternoon between the April showers. In my most exciting news despite the cold weather it seems the radishes I planted have begun to sprout, the seeds on a tape have produced a nice even row of tiny seedlings, too small to get a good picture of them on my phone so you'll have to wait until they're larger to see them.
I also finished off digging out the top path so my whole plot has now been dug over since I got it apart from the front are around the tool box which I won't sort out until my shed is in situ.
I also planted a row of carrots today, again I bought seeds on a tape, it makes them about £1 more than loose seeds but I think it's worth it. Planting the carrots I finished off my first ball of twine, but now I have things growing I might be able to move some of the earlier markers and re use them for other crops, the broad beans are coming on a treat at the moment, I do hope the pigeons don't get them.
The daffodils are looking lovely now, when I planted them they were marking the top of the plot, but looking at my neighbouring plots it seems i have perhaps a foot extra space beyond them that I could dig over, I think I might do this and put some hardy herbs like rosemary and lavender in to mark a new boundary.
My rhubarb is still very short, it has big leaves but is only just above ground level, some of my neighbours seem to have rhubarb that's ready to pick, I do hope it grows up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment