Saturday 29 October 2011

Hallowe'en Garlic



In a bid to keep the vampires away I planted some garlic on the eve of Hallowe'en, a week later than last year according to my archives. I've still got plenty of heads left from this season so I broke four up, dibbed holes and put them in. Couldn't be simpler.




Picked another cabbage and gathered up some spuds but not much else eat at the moment. Cut a few bits of purple broccoli but I expect they're quite woody, not sure I'll bother with them next year.




You don't expect strawberries at the end of October but I had a few that the birds and slugs hadn't got too. I really need to sort the strawberry bed out as it's very weedy with loads of runners and new strawberry plants growing all over it.




And not to be out done there were about a dozen raspberries ripe and ready, they're still sweet and juicy despite the plants dying back.

No comments:

Post a Comment