Saturday 22 October 2011

Bean and gone



It's that time of year again, planting my first broad beans. I've put in two double rows, one Aquadulce and the other Masterpiece longpod. It's great to planting again, in the next couple of weeks I'll put some garlic in as well. Along with planting broad beans it was also time to take down the canes that supported the french beans.




The second cabbages are beginning to ball up now as well, it might be new year before I eat any of them but the first cabbages are ready now so I picked one to take home.




The Artichokes always seem to look good at this time of year. Only a couple of months ago I had cut them back to the ground after they had fruited, now they have lush silver green foliage. They will die down as it gets colder and I'll need to put some compost on them over the winter.




There were still a few raspberries left in the autumn sun and surprisingly sweet they are too. Not enough to take home so I ate them freshly picked.

No comments:

Post a Comment