Sunday 17 July 2011

Rain clearing



Between the showers there was much to do on plot 68. I'm beginning to start clearing things, in the picture above I had just taken out the row of second peas, this gives much better access to the french beans. In the foreground you can see the bare earth left from digging up the first earlies.




The rain is helping things like this cobnut squash get a bit bigger but it'll be a while yet before they are ready. I harvested a half dozen courgettes, about 48 new potatoes from just four plants and a load more french beans.




The flowers on the patty pan squash are about 20cm in diameter but the squash are still tiny, the do taste nice though.




My tomato plants seem to have grown more horizontal then vertical, I have a fair few green tomatoes but we will need a bit more sun for them to ripen.

No comments:

Post a Comment