Saturday 16 April 2011

Bluebells



There's a lovely patch of Bluebells growing behind the shed, I really ought to plant more flowers in the allotment, I'm just not sure what's best.




The peas are coming along nicely but seem to have been rather nibbled around the edges, I don't think this is the work of pigeons as they would have stripped the whole lot and as you can see there are quite a few slug pellets around the plants to protect them. I bought some bug spray and gave the peas and beans all a good squirt, I then covered half the beans and put sticks next to the others for some bird protection.




My potatoes are beginning to grow, I was hoeing out the weeds and then I found them, just small plants but a good start. The earlies have come on better than the main crop but they are showing too in places.




The french beans have all germinated and grown, they weren't even showing last weekend and now look at them! I had planted the seeds in trays but repotted each seedling today, there's about thirty of them! There are also tiny tomato seedlings  and the cabbages and broccoli are doing much better now I've protected them from the slugs.




More rhubarb of course! These sticks are thinner and I'm not sure how many more crops I'll get this season but I'm not bored of crumble yet.




It was just about a year ago I put up my shed, doesn't time fly. Looking back in the archive it seems I'm much further on this year although that's not surprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment