Monday 25 April 2011

Squash and courgettes



I planted ten seeds, two of each variety: Green courgettes, yellow courgettes, patty pan squash, cobnut squash and kobocha. Seven have now germinated, they all look very similar at this stage so I have to be careful about which are which because they don't all have tags like the patty pan squash above.




This is a green courgette plant. The three that didn't germinate were one of the yellow courgettes and both of the kobocha, I dug around in the soil and in all three it seemed the seed hadn't done anything yet so I threw them out and planted up some more.




I spent £5 of my birthday garden centre vouchers and bought some more parsnips and some beetroot, both seeds on a tape which I planted above. I also bought some sunflower seeds which I decided to start off in pots.




The greenhouse is getting rather full so although it's a little early I decided to plant out twelve of the french bean seedlings next to canes. I'll see how they get on before I put anymore out.

No comments:

Post a Comment