Sunday 3 April 2011

New plants


The weather turned out much better than forecast for today so I made another visit to the plot. I planted up some asparagus seeds I had from last year, not sure what I'll do with them if they take but it's worth a go I thought. Then I did a bit of weeding, the weeds are all beginning to take hold so it's best to get them as early as possible. After that I decided to go to the garden centre where I bought some new strawberries, three plants each of two different varieties, Cambridge and Hapil.


I then replaced my rosemary with a bigger plant than I had last year, so I hope it'll survive the next winter.


This is the broccoli that I planted last week, three seeds to a pot and here all three have already germinated. As Paul pointed out it's not ready to eat yet!


I'm afraid the cabbages are even smaller, you can just see them there but it's difficult to focus on something so small with my camera phone. I also bought some more 3" pots and some courgette seeds, after last year I won't plant nearly so many courgettes but I do want to have a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment