Saturday 14 April 2012

Slow grow



It's been much slower this year. Although it was warm in March I think it's been cooler since and although we had a few downpours we haven't really had all that much rain here in Fulham.




The first stirring from the french beans planted two weeks ago, just a couple of them pushing through. Nothing else in the greenhouse has made a move yet, I think it's been too cold for them.




The very first evidence of potatoes, just one plant has become visible  so far.  I did some more planting up today, some purple french beans and some kobacha seeds. The greenhouses are quite full up now!




A lot of strawberry flowers and the raspberry canes seem to keep popping up all over the place.




My first rhubarb this season. Not the longest stalks but I decided to pick some anyway because there's so much of it.




The red green pattern of the stalks never ceases to amaze me, let's hope they taste as good as they look.

No comments:

Post a Comment