Saturday 7 April 2012

Boat race



The noise of helicopters, pa systems and even a blimp must mean it's the boat race again. My garlic is looking good, I watered it yesterday which I think it appreciated.




First beans are getting ever bigger. Not much actually happening on the plot right now, mostly I'm planting things up for later.




The second beans are catching up. I planted up some yellow french beans in the green house, but they won't be planted out until much later.




Rhubarb row is filling out but I not big enough to pick any yet.  Undercover I also planted up some leeks from a free packet of seeds I got last year, I wonder if they'll germinate?




The stalks look good and pink but they need to get a bit longer before I pick them. I've also planted up a few new globe artichoke plants.




The strawberries are still in flower but no evidence of fruit forming as of yet. I planted a couple of sunflower seeds and some nasturtiums to put out later in the spring.




So lots planted up in the two greenhouses but nothing to eat at the moment! This time last year my peas were already sprouting and I had picked my first rhubarb. although we've had the sunshine I guess it's been generally to dry and perhaps a bit cold so far in April this year. 
I heard the live commentary on the boat race and sounded rather exciting what with swimmers and broken oars, Cambridge came home first in an event filled race.

No comments:

Post a Comment