Saturday 28 April 2012

More rain



The beans are now towering over the garlic, the wet week has seen everything grow including the weeds. I also spotted my first blackfly, it'll be time to pinch out the bean tops soon.




The main crop potatoes are all beginning to show through although there's nothing from the earlies yet. Also a few rouge potatoes I must have left in the ground have begun to grow at various places around the plot.




Still tiny but the beetroot have begun to form their first true leaves now.




Still only about a half dozen pea plants have come through, what's happened to the rest? I might have to put some extra plants in but it wasn't possible in the soaked conditions today.




I'm so glad I planted some other things up earlier, artichokes and nasturtiums have now come through.




The yellow beans are just breaking through as well. I had hoped to put a trellis up for the french beans today but it was too wet to walk on the soil.




Ever faithful courgettes have all germinated. My neighbour said he'd give me some plants as well, I already have six plants so perhaps we're heading for a glut again?




And I also have some patty pan squash. The cobnut and kobacha squash haven't come through yet, too cold I reckon.




The green french beans are doing okay, I hope to get these guys in the soil before the end of May.




Along with the weeds there are some pretty wild flowers that have come through.




And in the hedgerow there are bluebells.




And purple bluebells! 

No comments:

Post a Comment