Sunday 16 January 2011

New Year



Today was the deadline for paying rent on plots at Fulham Palace Meadows so it was busier than a usual Sunday morning. Having just got back from India yesterday I had been wondering if I would make it on time, there was a £10 increase in price if you miss the first deadline. As it was there was no need to worry and £25 secures another year of plot 68, what a bargain!
This was also my first post Christmas and New Year visit so I bought down all the gardening presents I received. Above you can see my fancy new boots, they're very comfortable and warm, almost too good to get muddy. 




My new secateurs were also put to work. First i cut down the holyhock growing by the shed door and then I harvested a couple of my savoy cabbages. The cabbages aren't huge but do seem quite firm  and ready to eat. I did also pick a few more parsnips which are still doing really well.




A little disaster was awaiting me inside the shed, the last couple of kobochas had been sitting on the shelves and were fine when I last saw them but in just a couple of weeks they had turned into a mouldy squashy mess which I had to throw onto the compost, such a pity as the last few had had a superb flavour. Lesson for next year, eat your squash before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment