Sunday 23 January 2011

Green shoots


Not much new to report in the winter weather. Too wet to dig and too early to plant. The broad beans are looking happy in the chill weather. The site shop was open with a sign outside reminding you to collect your potato order, when I went in asked it turned out they hadn't yet arrived which is just as well because they don't need planting for another couple of months. I bought some new broad beans to plant later in February.




The garlic is shooting up, you can see the smaller later planted row in the background. Something had bitten off one of the garlic shoots and seemingly spat it out again, I do hope it doesn't try any further shoots.




not much of a meal but the daffodils are beginning to poke through as well. I picked a couple more cabbages and I still have parsnips from last week as well as more in the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment