Sunday 10 October 2010

Bean race

A beautiful day so after a good swim and watching the Japanese Grand Prix I decided to make a fleeting visit to the plot. I dug over the old potato patch and had nearly reached the end of the row and was just congratulating myself on not finding any more spuds when three came up in one spade full! Two of them were a bit damaged but the other one is now safe in the shed. I then decided to plant out some broad beans, this year they were my first crop after putting them in back in February but according to the books you can also put them in in the autumn, so here goes nothing! I'll put another row in in February next year and it'll be interesting to compare how well the both crop and when they are ready.
The rocket i threw out of the greenhouse and lettuce when they seemed to have dried up and died are now thriving beside the shed where I left them, surprisingly fresh and lush ready to be eaten, I guess the first frost will see them off.
The nasturtiums are so pretty, the flowers are lot more yellow than they were earlier in the year and the foliage has a blue tint to it. I'll have to grow a few more flowers on the plot next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment