Sunday 26 September 2010

Big potaters

I dug up the rest of my potatoes today including this whopper about 15cm long. The Desiree have been really good after all that frost scare in May and I'll plant more next season and forget about the earlies which were much less impressive. The Desiree are quite solid but make a lovely mash with the addition of milk and butter.
Everything seems to have slowed down. I didn't pick any courgettes today there were about six that I could have harvested but they are still really small, 3" - 4". I hope if I leave them another week they might get a bit bigger.
There were another dozen or so tomatoes to pick and a hand full of french beans, apart from them I took a few onions and potatoes home.
A bit of sunshine although the wind is cold. Now I've cleared the spuds I'm ready to plant some early broad beans for next year, I might clear the fennel out of the way too because although it looks pretty I don't think I'll get any bulbs to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment