Sunday 18 July 2010

Squashed

My leeks were completely overshadowed by the courgettes so I decided to do a bit of pruning. The stems of the courgette leaves are hollow and make a satisfying crunch when you crush them into the compost bin. I hope this give the leeks a bit more of a chance, some of them look rather squashed.
The kobocha have really started to fill out, I've nipped the ends of the longer tendrils so that the plants produce side shoots. There are already many small fruit beginning to form, the one below is a bit smaller than a tennis ball in size, not sure how long it'll be before they are ready? I also nipped the tops off the french bean plants as they had reached the top of their canes and were beginning to to grasp at the air, there will be a lot of beans ready soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment