Thursday 13 May 2010

Frozen spuds



It's nearly the middle of May and the last thing I expected in central London was a frost. As you can see above my potatoes seem to have caught the worst of it, most of them now have black and shrivelled leaves.
Everything else seems to have escaped, the broad beans black and white flowers are now open on a few plants and the radishes are getting bigger every day. Despite the unseasonal cold it's actually been rather dry over the last week so I watered and weeded a bit as well this evening. In the greenhouse all was well, all the top layer seedling are doing very well but the lower level not quite as good, I think it lacks both light and heat on the bottom shelf. I've moved the kobocha pots up to the top as their is no sign of them germinating yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment