Sunday 7 October 2012

Squash



The season is coming to an end and it was time to start picking the cobnut squash. After a week of rain the warm low light made it good to be outdoors. The squash vary in size and shape quite a bit, the smallest must weight almost a kilo with the largest over two.


There's about a half dozen more I left growing, 'm sure the larger green one will ripen but the smaller pair might not get any bigger if the weather turns colder. Most of my other time was spent cleaning up the allotment, I took out the courgettes and all the remaining tomatoes.


While tidying I found a couple more green peppers, they won't turn red now so I picked them as well. I uncovered the first cabbages from the cloche, weeded around them and netted them back up. They look rather ragged at the moment but I hope they ball up and grow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment