Monday 24 September 2012

Fuzzy friend


This splendid fellow was happily munching on the raspberry canes at the end of the plot. By the power of Google I think it might be a Knot Grass moth, I'll have to see if Paul knows.
Mostly I spent my time weeding and tidying up, there were a few beans to pick and a few courgettes but the cooler nights have stopped them and it feels very autumnal already.


Saturday was sunny if not so warm but much better than Sunday where it rained all day so I stayed at home. The autumn light was nice I've a few raspberries coming which I eat with my muesli in the morning.
The cobnut squash are doing well, I'll probably get about a dozen of them if I'm lucky. The parsnips seem quite happy but the cabbages and broccoli are rather small still.

No comments:

Post a Comment