Sunday 12 August 2012

Wings of Desiree


Although the potato crop wasn't as big as last year the Desiree potatoes did okay. Quite a large bag full to keep us going until Christmas I hope.


My sunflower (only one survived the slugs) is in bloom, just. I'm sure it'll open out a bit more over the next few days. It's not quite 5 foot high and the flower is only about 6 inches wide.


Courgettes are coming thick and fast, the yellows doing rather well. I'm picking twice a week perhaps ten each visit.


I might get a cucumber yet! Only one plant survived (again thank you slugs)  and it has several tiny spiny cucumbers forming on it.


The first of the squash are also beginning to form, by shape I'd guess this was a cobnut squash, I'll have to wait and see what the other ones are.


Finally some tomatoes, they're rather small cherry tomatoes. I hope we get enough sun to ripen them.

No comments:

Post a Comment