Sunday 11 March 2012

In bloom



A host of golden daffodils were waiting for me enjoying the early spring sun. A beautiful day to be on the plot and time to really start work on this years planting.




The rosemary has some small blue flowers on it as well, it's very pretty and I want to put some in the garden at home. I also bought some new flat leaf parsley plants and a peppermint plant to add to the herb collection.




Not to be left out my still very short first broad beans have a few flowers on them. One cold night will finish them off!



The garlic bed is doing well, completely recovered from the snow and freezing weather.




I'm glad to see the rhubarb beginning to grow, it seems to have been rather slow this year compared to last. It looks alien with it's crinkled red leaves pushing through bare soil.




The new daffodils by the sign aren't yet in flower but they will be soon. It's shadier here so I guess that's why they are later.




Although it's really very early I put in my first row of maincrop potatoes. The sandy soil warms up quickly on the plot so rather than leave them sitting in the shed I thought I'd get them underway. From now on it'll be plant something new every week well into the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment