Saturday 3 March 2012

False spring



The sun was shining and the daffodils at the top of the plot are beginning to open. The trees have buds but we are forecast another period of cold weather and rain next week.




The new daffodils at the bottom of the plot have grown tall but the buds are a few weeks from opening still, they should be fine if the weather changes.




The first beans have recovered well although a few have died. The warm earlier winter made them much taller than this time last year. The second beans haven't poked through yet, it'll probably be another couple of weeks before I see them.




There were a couple of flowers on this plant, far too early! I don't know what it's thinking, the plants is only about 20cm tall.




at last I have the first signs of the rhubarb coming up. A lot slower than on some of the other plots, I don't know why? Perhaps I picked it too late into the autumn last year?

No comments:

Post a Comment