Thursday 30 June 2011

Go wild


A quick Wednesday night visit confirmed things have got pretty wild again, just can't take a week off at this time of year. All the rain and warm weather had conspired to make the weeds grow like weeds!


The plants are growing too, here we see the very first of my patty pan squash, bright yellow about the size of a squash ball (appropriately).


I picked a few courgettes, four green and one yellow. There will be a lot more to come.


The peas are doing really well I think I'll have to pick them this week-end or next, they're so sweet when they're fresh.


A lot of weeding revealed a much better row for the secong parsnips and also quite a good beetroot row, it's strange how far ahead some plants in the row are than others planted at the same time. I saw this beetle which was about 4cm long. I think it's a female Stag beetle - they are quite rare.




No comments:

Post a Comment