Saturday 26 February 2011

Rain stopped play


A wet Saturday afternoon, a paid a short visit to plot 68. The rhubarb is going great guns, even the old root has sprouted now so it looks like crumble will be coming my way in a little while.


Those daffodils are getting ever closer to flowering which means spring can't be too far away now.


Not a peep out of the second beans yet, did I plant them when it was too cold? but as you can see the other beans and garlic are doing just fine.
It's the calm before the storm, the potatoes are sitting dormant and the soil is still to cold and wet but in a months time we should have much more in the ground for the new season. This time last year I was just beginning to clear the plot which took a lot of time and effort, this year all I need is a quick dig over and then I'm ready to plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment