Saturday 19 February 2011

End of year one


I took home the last of the Parsnips today and still have a couple of small cabbages left but that's it for my first years harvest, just as well I don't have to survive on it. Nothing much new happens at this time of year, the rhubarb is doing really well and the early broad beans are perking up but there's nothing new to plant.




The winter seems to have gone on for ages because of that early freezing spell in November/December but in fact it's been milder during the early part of this year than last. The birds were all singing today after the rain stopped and although it's February I feel spring isn't too far away. There is some winter damage to the plot, I've lost a globe artichoke (there are still five others) and my rosemary plant is looking a bit dead.




I can see new buds forming on the raspberries and flowers are beginning to appear on those daffodils, well in advance of last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment