Sunday 29 January 2012

Tiny parsnips


My first visit in a couple of weeks. Not much happening at this time of year. I decided to pull a few more parsnips up but they haven't grown anymore, they look good but they're tiny.


The garlic is coming along well, some strange footprints through the bed they're in, who's been walking on my garden?


The broad beans are well beyond expectation for January, most plants have well over twelve leaves each already.


They make a very good double row and are just about the only new growth on the plot. I will plant some more at some point but it's still to early, we're expecting some frost this week.


Around the bottom of my plot sign the new daffodils are sprouting, these should look good when they come into flower.


The old daffodils are doing nicely as well, I gave some of the herbs a major trim to give them some room to grow. My rhubarb shows no signs of sprouting yet but I expect it'll come along eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment