Saturday 26 March 2011

Flower power


I'm not sure the strawberries are supposed to be flowering but they are! I guess that what happens after a warm sunny week. It was grey and windy this afternoon but not as bad as the forecast predicted, I could hear the boat race going on down by the river and helicopters were buzzing about overhead.
I planted up some purple sprouting broccoli and some savoy cabbage in small pots and put them in the cold frame, they both grow very slowly so won't be ready until next winter if they survive.




The oldest broad beans have started to flower as well even though they're only about 15cm tall, this time last year I had only just seen my first shoots.
I also planted a row of peas directly into the soil, it's a little early but I think they'll be okay. As soon as they sprout I'll have to cover them to keep the birds off. I then spent a bit of time weeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment