Saturday 27 November 2010

Frozen vegetables

The frost didn't lift all day but at least we haven't yet had snow. Here's a frosty cabbage, the centres are still quite small so I'm leaving them, I'm not sure when they'll be ready to pick.


There was a delivery of manure from the horse stables steaming away by the gate so I filled three sack full and put them in the old tool box for next season.


Six in there altogether, which is just about full. I also got another barrow load and spread it over the rhubarb and around the artichokes.


I dug up some parsnips, these two were so close they had grown around each other which will make for interesting peeling.
Despite the cold my daffodils have started to sprout, I hope they don't grow too quickly because it looks like there's more icy weather to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment