Saturday 12 November 2011

New season starts




The beans I planted a couple of weeks ago have already popped up. It's always exciting when something new begins to grow. I planted two rows of broad beans, one Aqua Dulce and the other Masterpiece Longpod. They have just about all sprouted, I think the Masterpiece have the edge on the Aqua Dulce for the moment. I grew Masterpiece last year and they did very well, they're not supposed to be an autumn planting bean. The Aqua Dulce is a traditional autumn planting bean so it will be really good to compare their growth rates and yields.




The garlic I put in the ground has also begun to sprout, it doesn't look much right now but I'm glad it's got going before the cold sets in. I do keep finding other garlic left over from last season that has begun to sprout as well but if it's in the wrong place I have to pull it up.




The final raspberries, I know they are the last because I had a big tidy up at the top of the plot and cut the canes back down ready for next year. It's all much smarter now. I had a look at the parsnips today, I think they're ready to pull, I didn't pick any this week because we bought some.

No comments:

Post a Comment